Friday, April 29, 2011

Weird Weaknesses

As I sit here watching my dad's namesake on the tube....
 So funny....
I'm going back over the day I've had in general. It was pretty awesome actually, I had to get up at 5 to go work lifeguard, then at 9:30 I went to a Bible study (which was really great, good group to hang out with!)....and then the best part....my favorite cousin and aunt from Colorado came over!!! And with them coming it reminded me that I'm graduating in two days....SWEET! After working again at 3 and coming home about 6 - and work is always fun - went and bought some hair dye, frosties, and other items with cuz. Went to a track meet to watch a couple friends compete (congrats to the one friend who got first in long jump ( = . ), and it ended up that Tuck had a couple friends come over afterwards.
It was about the time when we were running around outside, in the dark, with five boys (all between the ages of 13 and 17), that I realized I was having a great time. Which is very weird for several reasons.
  1.) I have not never played paintball and haven't ever shown any interest in it. Why? I have horrible eye-hand coordination which means I can't shoot and actually hit people and I am horrible at dodging. Did I mention that I don't like to endure needless pain? However, I'll probably try it someday just to see if I CAN do it....
 2.) I don't really play airsoft either for the exact same reasons as the paintball. I have and will occasionally play it....on the rare occasion...and I usually get laughed at.
 3.) X-box is something that I try to play....and the bottom line is that I'm not great at it so I try and avoid it usually. But every once in a while I will play and get my butt kicked...but I try and look up what the games are about so I actually know what the boys are talking about. Someday I hope to be decent at video games, but that day is still a looooooonnnnggggg way off.

Thinking about all that....I figured that it was Ok that I'm not great at any of those things. I mean, I like to watch action movies and thrillers, I love rock music and some metal, and I don't mind running around getting sweaty if I've got the right clothes on. I try to branch out and try new things, but I'm glad that tonight I could hang out with people (and thats including Birdie and Superstar Aunt too) that like to just hang out with me and do whatever.

    I Like this quote I dislike this quoteLive life fully while you're here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You're going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process. Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don't try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human.

No comments:

Post a Comment