Sunday, April 24, 2011

Eggs, the Easter Bunny, and A Whole Lot of Love

"So give me something to believe / 'cause I am living just to breathe / And I need something more / To keep on breathing for / So give me something to believe" - The Bravery

It's Easter!!! You know, the time where you get candy (or pinch it off of the little kids), hide eggs, decorate eggs, get you're picture taken with a big pink bunny...
 Personally, I think they are always really creepy looking...

Or maybe go to church and hear the amazing story of how Christ rose from the dead! And while maybe some people feel like its a bit redundant to hear the same story that they get told every year (or maybe every week, I don't know), I still marvel at how one man could possibly go through that hell for me and still return in glory filled with love for me! I'm shocked that He would be willing to take on all the guilt and embarrassment I've ever felt, along with the rest of the world's. His love is so much bigger than mine and I'll never understand it, but I can learn from it and I try to every day.

So it's with this knowledge that God loves me unconditionally that I was able to thoroughly enjoy my day. Even if it was cold....rainy....wet....rainy....yeah, the whole day looked pretty miserable actually. Went with family to another family's gathering after church and I ate like a hog - I have a cookie weakness. I did hide eggs for some younger ones and am kinda sad that I don't have a digital camera because otherwise I would have some awesome and hilarious pictures: kids trying to grab the eggs out of trees (being 5'10 has its advantages), older kid trying to dig out an egg, the jackpot of eggs hidden in glass frog....I really enjoyed watching the egg hunt this year  =)  Hope you all enjoyed your Easter as much as I did, especially those that had to travel out of town this weekend!

Oh, and King Kong lost his first top tooth today. He looks so dang cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment